Jan 14th, 2018
We know that prayer is an important part of discipleship, so let’s break down some of the barriers that keep us from heartfelt, refreshing conversations with God.
Matthew 6:9-13 (NLT) 9 Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. 10 May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today the food we need, 12 and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. 13 And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.
- PRAISE. I BEGIN BY EXPRESSING MY LOVE TO GOD.
- PURPOSE: I COMMIT MYSELF TO GOD'S PURPOSE AND WILL FOR MY LIFE.
- PROVISION: I ASK GOD TO PROVIDE FOR MY NEEDS.
- PARDON: I ASK GOD TO FORGIVE MY SINS.
- PEOPLE: I PRAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE.
- PROTECTION: I ASK FOR SPIRITUAL PROTECTION FROM GOD.